Body Checksum Calculation

Tony L. Svanstrom tony@svanstrom.org
Mon Apr 1 20:08:44 UTC 2002

On Mon, 1 Apr 2002 the voices made Vernon Schryver write:

> That may conflict with the fundamental idea of the DCC.  That idea is that by
> reporting cryptographic checksums of lots of mail to clearinghouses
> regardless of whether it matches some pattern or came from some blacklisted
> source, bulk mail can be detected by all except the first first few targets.

 Yes, and I love the idea behind it all, but I have to use my lil compromise
until I feel that I can trust the system. I intend to apply whatever my idea of
a working solution is when done to a situation where a successfull attack just
isn't an option; and right now DCC is, to me, a high risk-thing.

 My biggest consern right now is the lack of information regarding how it
works.

	/Tony
--
Per scientiam ad libertatem. ©1999-2002 tony@vanstrom.org