bug in 1.0.51

Wed Mar 20 21:26:54 UTC 2002

I've found two bugs in version 1.0.51 of the DCC server.

One causes the database to be about twice as big as it should be after
dbclean has run.  Dbclean still expires old reports, which is to say
that the factor of 2 is a constant instead of an ever growing effect.
I think this bug explains the mysterious sizes of the databases of
some DCC servers.

The second bug causes dccd to think something is wrong with the database
and to cause an emergency execution of dbclean.  This bug happened
several times Tuesday night to dcc-flod.rhyolite.com, but now refuses
to show itself and be squashed.  Because of this bug, sites dealing
with more than 100,000 mail messages/day should probably not install
1.0.51 but wait for 1.0.52.