white/blacklist using any header

Wed Feb 6 00:46:09 UTC 2002

> From: Caio Boiteux <caio@arras1.arras.com.br>

> i saw a post about a new feature in an upcoming release that will allow
> you to whitelist based on any header in a message
> i'd like to sugest that you could also blacklist using this interface

As with the current whitelist mechanism, you will be able to
add blacklist entries by saying "MANY" instead of "OK" or "OK2".

> and specialy that you could use it with envelope headers too (like HELO)
> the point of this is that I receive a lot o spam with a helo value of TmpStr
> being able to mark this as spam and propagate this info would be a very good
> to stop a lot of spam
> thanks

I'd not thought of the envelope HELO string, because it is not a header.
I don't see occurances of "TmpStr" in the spam in my logs, but I do
seen enough "localhost" and "localhost.localdomain" to make it worth
considering.  I'll see what I can do.
Of course, this would only be available for dccm, since there is
no reliable way to get the HELO value to dccproc, except in cases
where it would probably be quicker and easier to match the HELO
value directly.