Duplicate body checksum...

Thu Jan 17 17:25:47 UTC 2002

> From: Kyle Stone <root@216-24-1-70.win.net>

> Umm, you never answered me, though.  I'd still like to know what it means
> when you run a dccproc -t many on an inbound message and the server
> responds with "duplicate Body checksum; fatal error".

The original message seems to be about `dccsight` instead of `dccproc`,
and as far as I can tell, only `dccsight` has such a message.  If the
server is asked about a set of checksums whose type numbers are not
strictly increasing, it complains "out of order or duplicate cksums".

The error message means that dccsight is being given a set of checksums
that contains more than one string of the matching "Body: %x %x %x %x".
Since dccsight is like dccproc and works with single mail messages
at a time, such a set of checksums is invalid.

I think I answered an implicit question.  I cannot understand
computing checksums for a message, asking a DCC server about them,
and then telling the DCC server a second time about them.