Duplicate body checksum...

Kyle Stone root@216-24-1-70.win.net
Wed Jan 16 18:21:34 UTC 2002

Kyle Stone
kstone@win.net

On Wed, 16 Jan 2002, Vernon Schryver wrote:

> > From: Chris Shenton <chris@Shenton.Org>
>
> > I wrote a little web page describing my config for using DCC with
> > qmail and the Emacs+Gnus MUA.
> >
> > http://chris.shenton.org/sysadm/antispam/dcc-qmail-gnus.html
>
> Is there some way to use dccproc to reject spam without filtering
> in the MUA such as with the gnus filters described in that web page?
> Filtering by looking at X-DCC headers in the MUA is fine, but it
> requires users to make configuration changes for the DCC twice,
> once in the MTA and again in the MUA.
>
> If you must mess with the MUA, why not do it all in the MUA and not
> mess with the MTA by having the MUA pipe the message through dccproc
> and using the threshold mechanism in version 1.0.43, as in
> `dccproc -w ~/whiteclnt -c CMN,20`  and using the dccproc exit code?

Well, with examining in the thresholding mechanisms, I'l going to examine
rewriting my qmail-qfilter/dcc hack to instead of junking mail on only the
many tag, (easily accomplished with strstr'ing the header).  My boss
isn't real happy that I want to rewrite this, I may do it on my own time.

I can't readily use procmail on my qmail cluster because of the volume of
mail we have.  I'm shoving somehwere between 100,000-80,000 messages per
day, close to which 60,000 of it is spam, so you can where running
procmail on a user level wouldn't be the best idea.  Besides, I'd rather
bounce the message at the SMTP level, so the dimwit's mailserver that is
being abused as an open relay, can deal with the bounce messages.