Duplicate body checksum...

Wed Jan 16 17:59:31 UTC 2002

> From: Chris Shenton <chris@Shenton.Org>

> I wrote a little web page describing my config for using DCC with
> qmail and the Emacs+Gnus MUA.
>
> http://chris.shenton.org/sysadm/antispam/dcc-qmail-gnus.html

Is there some way to use dccproc to reject spam without filtering
in the MUA such as with the gnus filters described in that web page?
Filtering by looking at X-DCC headers in the MUA is fine, but it
requires users to make configuration changes for the DCC twice,
once in the MTA and again in the MUA.

If you must mess with the MUA, why not do it all in the MUA and not
mess with the MTA by having the MUA pipe the message through dccproc
and using the threshold mechanism in version 1.0.43, as in
`dccproc -w ~/whiteclnt -c CMN,20`  and using the dccproc exit code?

On the other hand, is there a way to have qmail pay attention to
the dccproc exit code with something like

 |preline /usr/local/bin/dccproc -w $USER/.dcc/whiteclnt -c CMN,50 | ...

(I've no real notion what "|preline" does, so that probably makes no sense
except perhaps by analogy)