version 1.0.43 of the DCC source

Mark Motley mark@motleynet.com
Tue Jan 15 23:31:39 UTC 2002

Ok, that makes sense since the only thing I saw DCC_RPT_SUBJECT being used for in dccm was to add the subject checksum via the #ifdef's.  My thinking was that the Fuz2 was somehow also based on the Subject... thanks for clarifying that.

- MBM

-----Original Message-----
From: Vernon Schryver [mailto:vjs@calcite.rhyolite.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 15, 2002 1:47 PM
To: dcc@rhyolite.com
Subject: RE: version 1.0.43 of the DCC source

> From: "Mark Motley" <mark@motleynet.com>

> Is it correct to assume that adding the -DDCC_RPT_SUBJECT to
> CFLAGS turns on the Fuz2 checksums?

No, my words in the CHANGES file were nonsense.  -DDCC_RPT_SUBJECT
would restore Subject checksums.  Fuz2 checksums are always computed
and reported by dccm and dccproc.  To reject mail based on Fuz2 checksums
in 1.0.43, set DCCM_XTRA_CKSUMS to "fuz2" in /var/dcc/dcc_conf.

I'm rejecting based on Fuz2 checksums, but the main thing I hope to
do is watch for false negatives, especially when the Fuz1 checksum
misses spam.