cron-dccd.in error

Wed Jan 9 17:31:39 UTC 2002

> From: That Funky Chick <bertha@yetta.net>

> Hi there folks, me again!  I'm getting error logs from my daily cron job
> from cron-dccd.in.  It's saying:
>
> /etc/cron.daily/cron-dccd.in: @prefix@/dcc_conf: No such file or directory
>
> Obviously it's not reading the "@prefix@ variable correctly--is there any
> particular reason why I shouldn't manually change this to /var/dcc?

The @prefix@ string is an autoconf value in the prototype for the
dcc_conf script that is changed by the configure script into the DCC
home directory.

Better than editing a copy of the autoconf prototype would be to
sym-link /var/dcc/libexec/cron-dccd to /etc/cron.daily or otherwise
arrange to run the script built by ./configure.  That way, when
installing new versions of the DCC, you don't have to remember to
change something in a distant directory.  You need only remember your
parameters for configure and run it followed by `make install`.