DCC and Postfix

Wed Dec 19 23:22:12 UTC 2001

> From: Michael Ghens <michael@spconnect.com>
> To: Roger Weiss <rogerw@actmail.com>
> cc: <dcc@rhyolite.com>

> In the system procmail, /etc/procmailrc put:
>
> :0 fw
> | /usr/local/bin/dccproc -w whiteclnt
>

> SUBJ=`formail -zx Subject:`   # extract the subject
> :0fw
> * ^X-DCC-.*(Fuz1|Body)=[0-9]*[5-9][0-9]
> * !  Subject:.*\[DCC SPAM\]
> * !  Subject:.Re: *
> | formail -I "Subject: [DCC SPAM] $SUBJ"
>
> :0fw
> * ^X-DCC-.*(Fuz1|Body)=many
> * !  Subject:.*\[DCC SPAM\]
> * !  Subject:.Re: *
> | formail -I "Subject: [DCC SPAM] $SUBJ"
>
> This will run all local mail through dcc. If it is 50 or above, it will
> change the subject to [DCC SPAM] some subject.
>
> You can change the | formail to /dev/null if you want to.

That's what I envisioned.

It does beg a question about "-w whiteclnt".
I think it's best that each user have a private whiteclnt file, probably
including a reference to a system wide white list using an "include"
line.  The question concerns what happens if the file named with -w
does not exist.  Currently an error message is logged.  Should there
be a way to suppress that message?