dccd_defs.h expanded explanation?

Wed Oct 24 15:08:27 UTC 2001

> From: Levent Serinol <lserinol@yahoo.com>

> Where can I find more detailed descriptions about
> following definitions? 'cause INSTALL file contains
> very brief instructions about them.
> for example what happens when clients exceeds max no
> of
> DCCD_RL_EACH_BUGS defined in dccd_defs.h file ?
>
> DCCD_RL_SUB
> DCCD_RL_FREE
> DCCD_RL_ALL_FREE
> DCCD_RL_ALL_BUGS
> DCCD_RL_EACH_BUGS

DCCD_RL_EACH_BUGS and DCCD_RL_ALL_BUGS control error messages.
More frequent error messages are suppressed, to prevent that sort of
denial of service attack.

Check the source for complete information.  The DCC documentation is
already far too large to talk about these obscure parameters.
People don't read the all of the DCC documentation, I think in part
because there is so much of it.