DCC -- how do I effectively use it?

Mon Sep 3 14:17:35 UTC 2001

> From: "Mediratta, Bharat" <bharat@fusionone.com>

>                                        ...   A binary distribution
> with a configuration wizard would greatly ease the pain.

Binary for how many versions of how many platforms?
In other words, if you need a binary for one of more than half-dozen
targets I current build for, then I can help, but probably not otherwise.

> I further think that we'd start to see some serious penetration if
> we made a plug-in for the common mail readers that people could just
> drop into their system.  Is this where the MAPS DCC pilot is heading?

The long term plan is to support more platforms.
I'm not sure about "plug-ins", what with Microsoft's new found
opposition to Netscape style plug-ins and my ignorance of Exchange.

> ------_=_NextPart_001_01C13456.CB4A4AC0
>
> <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 3.2//EN">
> <HTML>
> <HEAD>
> <META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">
> <META NAME="Generator" CONTENT="MS Exchange Server version 5.5.2653.12">
> <TITLE>RE: DCC -- how do I effectively use it?</TITLE>
> </HEAD>
> <BODY>
>
> <P><FONT SIZE=2>> From: Brian J. Murrell [<A HREF="mailto:dcc-list@interlinx.bc.ca">mailto:dcc-list@interlinx.bc.ca</A>]</FONT>

Some people think that sending both plaintext and HTML encoded versions of
a single message is not good.