public DCC servers down?

Tue Feb 1 19:38:18 UTC 2005

> From: "Jim Woodworth" <Jim.Woodworth@fccfurn.com>

> Any idea why I can not get the public servers to work?
>
> I have:
> /var/dcc/libexec/updatedcc
> Just to make sure dcc installed correctly.  No errors.
>
> If I /usr/local/bin/cdcc info
>
> I get:
>
> # 01/31/05 12:05:56 PST  /var/dcc/map
> # Re-resolve names after 13:46:51
> # 12 total, 0 working servers
> IPv6 off
>
> dcc1.dcc-servers.net,-      RTT+0 ms    anon
> #   152.20.240.35,-

There is probably a firewall of some filtering the UDP/IP pckets
used by the DCC client-server protocol.  It could be on the
outgoing requests, but is probably on the incoming responses.

See http://www.dcc-servers.net/dcc/firewall.html

] From: "Jim Woodworth" <Jim.Woodworth@fccfurn.com>

] Is this a good test, to show that udp is not an issue?
]
] ]$ /usr/sbin/traceroute -p6277 dcc1.dcc-servers.net
] traceroute: Warning: dcc1.dcc-servers.net has multiple addresses; using
] 208.201.249.233
] traceroute to dcc1.dcc-servers.net (208.201.249.233), 30 hops max, 38
] byte packets
]  1  eth0.c.spam.sonic.net (208.201.249.233)  1.076 ms  1.003 ms  1.129
] ms
] ]$

That suggests that the firewall is not filtering outgoing requests
or the ICMP Unreachables that are caused by traceroute.

To see if a firewall is blocking the incoming response, it is often
necessary to use traceroute from outside.

You don't mention the IP address of your DCC client.
If it 216.110.208.73, then I see no blocking from a couple of places.
Are you still having problems?  What is your DCC client's addresss?